I have been very bad at posting over the past week or so. Please forgive me, and appreciate the massive post that’s coming up right now. I’ve been nominated for the Liebster award by Mandy over at http://mandymint.wordpress.com/, and then also by Stephanie over here: http://stepintothecruz.wordpress.com/about/. So I’m not really sure if that means that I have to do both and all, but I guess I will to make up for the fact that I haven’t done a decent post in about a week.
Quick update on my life though! Hairy has a new PC that his brother got for him (to be paid back), I’m off to see The War of the Worlds in a few days and The Hobbit is coming out soon. YES HAPPY DAYS OF HOBBITDOM. Beautiful… Now, to the nitty gritty.
Liebster award – clearly of German origin, giving recognition to small time bloggers like me 😀 Yay woop! It’s handed onto people who have a worthy and deserving blog apparently, so many happy days.
The rules are as follows:
1) Post eleven facts about yourself
2) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated
3) Choose eleven people to give this award to (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post
4) Go to their page and tell them
5) Remember, no tag backs.
11 Facts About Me.
- I’m really bad at coming up with facts about myself. Really, I’m so bad at this.
- I wouldn’t eat any vegetables apart from sweetcorn and carrots until I was about 16. Okay, 18.
- I wish I’d done a zoology degree, but made the wrong GCSE decisions.
- I’m better at baking than I am at cooking, I just don’t bake so I don’t turn into a lard bucket!
- I’m a complete and utter diva. Drama ensues about everything, I feel so sorry for Hairy!
- I have really bad taste in pretty much everything – clothes, music, films… I’m happy with it though 😀
- I hate bitten fingernails. The close up of Frodo holding the ring makes me cringe…
- When I argue, my brain goes completely blank and I can’t remember anything. Makes for complete argument fails!
- I really like playing computer games, particularly Sims, Lord of the Rings Online and other such MMOs.
- I used to play the clarinet, but gave it up after finishing my music GCSE. I really miss it.
- Hairy bought me a book on travelling, knives and food. It’s my favourite book ever, and I would love to travel and collect knives 😀
OK, here goes for another 11 facts about me.
- I tend to answer silly questions with lies. Some of my Guides once asked me where I lived, so I told them I lived in Cardiff and commuted to Nottingham on a daily basis.
- I have at one point at least wanted to be: a vet, a forester, a teacher, a singer, an actress, a stage manager, an editor, pub landlord, David Attenborough, a TV presenter… I forget all the others.
- I’ve never finished a cross stitch project – I used to start them all the time when I was young, and even went to a class with one of my friends but I never finished one.
- Some of the best compliments I’ve ever received: You have a beautiful mind, your pheromones are driving me crazy, how do you get your food so tasty?
- I’ve read the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy in a day, but I’ve never read the Silmarilion.
- I like playing games while I’m walking. With Hairy we play word games – going through the alphabet naming things, word association games, car games. When I’m alone I make up phrases or words using the cars’ number plates.
- I like making flowers out of beads, I just forget how much I like it most of the time and then when I remember it’s always when I’m busy!
- I love Disney films! I’m currently writing about How to Train Your Dragon for my degree.
- I like being outside, in the countryside if possible. It feels better than being in the city!
- I have never done drugs, or smoked.
- I love food – love buying it, cooking it, eating it and feeding it to others. It might be a slightly creepy love affair when put like that…
Questions from Stephanie:
- What is your worst habit to break? My worst habit is definitely my procrastination. I can waste so many hours of the day, and I really hate doing it too!
- If your life was a movie, what would you have it named? Haven’t got a clue! My life is pretty spectacular in how mundane it actually is, so… Erm… I guess I’d like it to be called “Fat Lady Sings”.
- How do you see yourself 10-20 years from now? In my dreams, I’d have been travelling and done all the crazy stuff straight after university. I’d be settled with children, pets and a garden.
- What would your superhero name and powers be? Erm… I’d definitely want to be telekinetic, able to move stuff around with my mind. So I guess I’d be called Psychogal because it came up in a name generator and made me laugh.
- If you could ask your future self one question what would it be? It does all work out OK, right?
- What was your childhood nickname? I had many. My sister called me Squishy, my friends called me anything from Sushi to Goob (looooooong story).
- What scares you the most and why? Failing my degree, for some pretty obvious reasons! It’s cost me a lot of money, I’ve worked so hard for this and I don’t want to screw it up. It’s been the overriding thing in my life for the past four years and the thought of failing, or even getting less than a 2:1 absolutely petrifies me.
- Are you usually late, early or right on time? Always running a bit late. Sometimes I’ll be early, but that involves many hours of planning beforehand!
- If you could do anything OR wish for anything that would come true,what would you wish for? I would wish for magic. My mum went to great lengths when my sister and I were growing up to make it magical, and I fell for it completely and loved it. I love reading fantasy books, I love watching fantasy and there is nothing that would make me happier than to have magical abilities.
- If you could turn back time what would you want to change? I’d change my GCSE choices. I took the ones I did partly because I was lazy and knew I could do well in some of those subjects but also I did it a lot so that I wouldn’t be like my sister. I was going through a rebellious phase and hated being compared to her, so I chose subjects that made me different in at least some ways.
- What is your favorite part of the human body and why? Face, probably eyes. They’re so beautiful in pretty much everyone, but Hairy’s are my favourite (clearly just trying to be nauseating here!)
And the questions from Mandy!
- If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? I would stay 19 forever! It was a really difficult year, but the last two months or so I met Hairy, fell in love and had nothing really urgent that I had to do. I remember being sat at the table working, Hairy over playing computer games by the balcony. It was freezing, kept snowing and looking out and seeing the city covered in snow was beautiful. It was always warm, and I was just getting to know Hairy and his brother really, but Hairy fed me lots and lots of tea, beetroot pickle sandwiches and quorn for dinner.
- What is one of your favorite quotes? Only shooting stars break the mould. Not technically a quote, but hey 😀 It makes me feel better in being weird because only the best people break out of normality!
- If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint? Hmmm… I’d either paint the view from the top of Symond’s Yat in the Wye Valley. I have good memories of that place, or it would have to be the point where Hairy and I came out of the wood by the Heights of Abraham in Matlock Bath. It was sunset and just so beautiful.
- What is your favorite meal? Oh goodness, I hate being asked this! Carbonara today, because I love pasta and fat ribbons of tagliatelle covered in smokey, garlicky, cheesy, creamy goodness with bursts of sweet onion and crispy bits of bacon… I’m dribbling, anyone else?
- What is your favorite fashion brand? For shopping, it’s New Look. They’re the most affordable for my budget and have some pretty dresses in there.
- What has been your proudest moment so far? It’s difficult to be proud because I’ve always known in my heart that I could have done better. I didn’t do amazingly in my A-Levels because I got distracted and complacent and didn’t work as hard as I could have done, same with my university degree. I haven’t done badly, but something always tells me I should have done better. I think one must be doing well in an exam, even though I’d found out the night before that one of my little cousins had been admitted to hospital with a suspected brain tumour. Also, I’m proud of how far I’ve come since I met Hairy. I’m proud of what we’ve achieved, even if it doesn’t look like that much to others.
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet? David Attenborough, or Bill Bailey. Both men that I admire and respect, and I imagine they’d be so fascinating to talk to.
- What is your favorite hobby? Reading, gaming or beading. Can I have all three? I
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? I’d learn to kayak. I’ve wanted to for years and things keep getting in the way! That, or scuba diving.
- What is your favorite movie? Beauty and the Beast. I loved it as a little girl, and then Hairy bought me a copy for Christmas last year… He’s totally my Beast 😀
- What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received? My sister has given me some of the best presents I’ve ever had, mostly because she’s that amazing but also because it often means she goes into places where she’d never go to get me the hippy/gothy stuff, but she also gives me beautiful presents like a silver bracelet. I think my favourite is either the mosaic mirror she bought me, or the elephant mobile that’s come everywhere with me since she gave it to me to go in my first university room.
My eleven questions!
- What’s one word that you can never remember how to spell?
- If you could learn one language without the hard work, what would it be?
- If you could travel anywhere, right now and with no expense, where would you go?
- What’s one thing you regret?
- What is your favourite book?
- Tell me about one of your favourite memories.
- Would you consider yourself a feminist? If not, why not?
- Where would you like to be in ten years time?
- Do you have a weird habit/hobby?
- What’s your favourite sense? Taste, touch, smell… And why?
- What’s one thing that grosses you out more than anything else?
My nominations! Apologies if you have over 200 followers, or if you just can’t be bothered with this.
Okay, I’m giving up on trying to find the rest because it seems like most of the bloggers I follow have a gazillion followers and I have to get on and do some work. Please check out all the people, I can guarantee that they’re awesome. Sorry for not finding enough blogs, but there really are some amazing bloggers out there.