Tuesday, November 12, 2013
Name five things inside your refrigerator right now and how you feel about them.
My refrigerator has been recently filled with nice things. It makes me sad that I had to buy the things, but buy them I did. So in my fridge I now have:
- Milk – an absolute staple in our household. We drink so much of the stuff that I’ve started buying in bulk and freezing it! Hairy likes blue milk, I like orange because it’s only a pound. Plus blue milk is weird in tea.
- Cheese – we lurve the cheese. We bought a GIANT block from the deli counter a few weeks ago and it just sat in there until this weekend when Hairy made cheese on toast. Now it is gone.
- Broccoli – I have had a hankering for broccoli for a few weeks so we bought some of the mini trees! I plan to do something special with it, but I likely won’t. I love broccoli now which is brilliant since it’s still a pretty new addition to the List of Vegetable I Will Eat. It’s growing, slowly but surely. My next challenge is cauliflower, to be tackled with mountains of cheese.
- Leftover pesto. Pesto is also a recent addition to things I Never Knew I Liked Until Now. I do like pesto, but I had a wobbly moment when I made a meal with it and it tasted like grass. I had it in my lunch today and it was rather delicious.
- Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand (doing this from memory)… A wide array of sauces. Hairy and I are terrible for adding sauces to pretty much everything and never throwing anything away so our fridge is full of the stuff – ketchup, sweet onion relish, barbecue sauce.
Here we go then, a scintillating exploration of my fridge.
I started at Waterstones today. It’s been a busy but rewarding day and I managed to only trip the alarms once! I spent a lot of time replacing the shelf edges with pretty blue and gold ones so it looks all Christmassy! I’m also pretty sure that I get a 50% discount which is totally amazing. I may also be able to give you lovely lot a bit of a surprise tomorrow, depending on how camera shy I’m feeling. Mwahahaha!