Or maybe I’ve slightly missed the boat on that one, as it seems to also be the season of cold toes, not enough jumpers and extortionate heating bills.
So there have been varying degrees of drama that have occurred in the past (probably too long) while. Some of the drama is good drama, some of it isn’t my own drama but nonetheless I am concerned about said drama.
Said the word drama too many times now.
My biggest worry at the moment is something that I have no control over – I’m getting tested for polycystic ovary syndrome. It’s almost certainly just a precaution that my doctor is doing to rule it out for good, but on the other hand it’s about as scary as when I got tested for rheumatoid arthritis. It’s unlikely, but still terrifying the pants off me.
My good drama is that I’ve had an incredibly busy and social (read expensive too!) weekend. I’ve settled in well at work, and it turns out I’m a damn good waitress. On the one hand, I love having a regular job that pays just about enough, I work with really lovely people and there’s no pressure. On the other hand, I’m a waitress. I’d like to be doing a bit more with my life than bringing other people tea! It’s okay though, the Plan to travel is still in place and just waiting on clearing our debts.
I’ve actually been married to Hairy for a little over a month now. I’d love to say that everything has changed, and our relationship feels deeper and more meaningful than ever but I think that’d have to be a lie. I’m still crazy about him, but we still fall out and have rows. We’re still daft, and still spend too much time on our computers. Honestly, our day to day working is ticking along pretty much as it has done for the past few years and I’m A-okay with that. I mean, we have an awesome relationship.
I have learned some things in the last 6 weeks of being married though, so listen to the wisdom of a married woman:
Argos is sh*t. I do not want to be crude, but cor lummy have they been a right pain in the behind over the past week and a bit. I had hoover drama which is thankfully resolved now, mostly thanks to Mr. Credit Card.
- Credit cards are possibly the spawn of Satan. We have to use mine at the moment because I haven’t been paid properly since August and that’s a painful state of affairs. I am counting down the days until that beast is no more!
- American Horror Story is pretty awesome – I love creepy horror, and they’ve got it down quite well! It can be a little bit clunky, so I wouldn’t recommend it to everyone but Hairy and I are totally enjoying it.
- I actually sprained my ankle surfing. At least I have a good excuse, rather than just falling over like a prat.
- I have reached the time of year again where I go into a Boots and look for the palest shade of makeup. And when I find it, I have a moment of AHA! I am ghostly!
- Trying to teach yourself crochet is way difficult after a good 8 years of not doing it.
- Drunk noodles at gone 1am is the best solution to anything, including broken voice.
- Autumn is my purge time. I don’t know why, since spring cleaning and the like but I always get a bit antsy around about now and want to start throwing everything away.
- It will take way longer than a month to be able to call Hairy “husband” without sounding confused. Hairy managed for the first time the other day to call me “wife” without sounding like he wasn’t entirely sure that I existed.
- It is the most adorable thing when your previously antsy bunny comes and sits on you for half an hour to get cuddles. Saturday afternoon, I was hungover to high hell. It was awful. I played computer games, or at least attempted to while having to appease the almighty Heather at the same time. Totally worth it though for an armful of happy fluff.
- Going back to the gym is a good thing. Trying to go to the gym with strained neck is not a good thing. I shall not be attempting gym today.
- Hairy and I have found new music we enjoy; the band is called Abney Park and I particularly loved Victoria, Until the Day You Die, and Throw Them Overboard.
I know this wasn’t a particularly enlightening post, but bear with me a little longer. I’m still mostly dead from Friday and have a full week of visitors, work, blood tests and other fun shenanigans. Wish me well!