So I’ve been working at my new place for about six weeks now, and I’m enjoying it. It’s physically draining, can be stressful and means a lot of face to face time, but it’s nice. My coworkers are friendly, the work isn’t strenuous and the hours are better. I have been learning over the past few weeks, so I though I’d share my gems of knowledge gleaned from the tea room.
1. Some people are arseholes. They decide that you will not be able to do anything to please them, and will just complain about everything. This is fine. Ignore the arseholes, and move on.
2. Waitresses talk. A lot. We chatter amongst ourselves about everything from the gym, to partners, to current affairs and our pain in the neck customers.
3. You sweat. A lot. Seriously, it’s gross.
4. Leather is a bad choice. See above for icky over the top sweating made worse by leather skirts.
5. Managers are best when they make your life easier. Some are lazy, some are incompetent and some are awesome.
6. Cappuccinos are hard, lattes are not.
7. Free eggs florentine is the best eggs florentine.
8. Some customers are blind. Its the only excuse I have for them ignoring a waist high sign while walking around it. Seriously people, read the sign!
9. Ditto on menus.
10. Gym before work is okay. Gym after work is a no with bells on.